The network-wide training consists of 8 network-wide training events. The program allows the Early Stage Researchers (ESR) to achieve excellence in research depth, along with relevant societal and economic impact and personal development in width (T-model) by offering a very multidisciplinary training.
1) Excellence in research depth:
– Fundamentals of smart materials and soft robotics, covered by network-wide event 2
– Integration smart materials in soft robotics, covered by network-wide event 3
– Applications of smart materials and soft robotics, covered by network-wide event 5
2) Relevant societal and economic impact and personal development. therefore dedicated training in transferable skills courses through the Network Wide Events will be offered:
– MODULE 1: Scientific integrity and writing and presentation skills, covered by network-wide event 2
– MODULE 2: Science communication and research fundraising, covered by network-wide event 3
– MODULE 3: Project management, covered by network-wide event 5
– MODULE 4: Skills in exploitation of research results, career, entrepreneurship skills by network-wide event 7
Researchers outside the SMART consortium are welcomed to join the training parts of the network-wide events upon registration. Dedicated calls will be announced here.